Chocolate filled pancake with pistachio nuts & Treleavens vanilla ice cream
This quantity will serve 4 people.
250g/8oz plain flour
3 eggs lightly beaten
250ml/8 floz milk
250ml/8 floz water
75ml/2 ½ floz sunflower oil (plus extra for frying)
100g x 70% plain or milk chocolate
4 x tbsps of double cream (lightly whipped)
Pistachio nuts, vanilla ice cream and icing sugar to serve.
How to cook
- Sift the flour into an electric mixer and add the eggs and a little milk and blend together.
- Whisk together remaining milk, oil and water and add to the flour mixture gradually while beating to create a smooth batter.
Leave to stand for ½ hour
- While resting the batter make the ganache by melting the chocolate in a bowl over warm water.
- When melted add the whipped cream and stir to make a thick paste.
- Cook the pancakes by heating a drop of sunflower oil in a non stick pan until hot and pouring in just enough batter to cover the pan when swirled around.
- Flip the pancake over after a minute and cook the other side until lightly golden.
- Just before serving put the pancake back into the pan and spread one half with the chocolate ganache.
- Fold the pancake over and flip to warm the other side through.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts, dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream (we use Trelavens rich vanilla bean)