Breast of chicken stuffed with Cornish cracked black pepper cheese & wrapped in westcountry bacon
This quantity will serve 4 people as a main course accompanied by seasonal vegetables or crisp green salad.
4 x free range chicken breasts (without skin)
1 x packet Cornish black pepper cheese (you can substitute any good quality plain soft cheese and black pepper or a mixture of fresh herbs can be added prior to stuffing the chicken)
8 x rashers of streaky bacon
How to cook
- Using a sharp knife cut a pocket in the chicken breast by inserting the knife into the thick end of breast pushing the knife down towards the tapered end taking care not to slice open the sides.
- Spoon a quarter of the cheese into the cavity and push to the bottom of the pocket.
- Lay the rashers of bacon on a chopping board and using the back of a knife run the blade down the length of the rasher to stretch the meat. This helps stop shrinkage when cooking.
- Wrap the bacon around the stuffed chicken and lay in a baking dish taking care to leave the ends of the bacon on the underside of the chicken.
- Roast for 20 mins at 200c / 400f